Even Mom needs a time out once in a while! Here’s a list of things you can do to take care of yourself.
1. Get a manicure or pedicure (or both)!
2. Read a book for fun!
3. Get a massage.
4. Find a body of water (a creek, a lake, the ocean). Just sit and be still.
5. Take a class. (aerobic, painting, crafting, etc.)
6. Take a weekend away- by yourself or with your girlfriends!
7. Take a nap.
8. Buy a special dessert and eat it at your leisure!
10. Watch a funny movie!
11. Take a bubble bath.
12. Write a gratitude list.
13. Have yourself a dance party in the kitchen or the bathroom…or wherever! (Bonus: with the kids!)
14. Set some goals for yourself.
15. Go to bed early.
16. Watch the sunset or sunrise!
17. Go window shopping.
18. Find that nagging project that you haven’t completed and hire someone else to do it for you!
19. Buy that special item that you normally wouldn’t buy for yourself.
20. Call your best friend.
21. Write a love letter to your sweetheart.
22. Go for a walk in nature.
23. Attend a concert.
24. Go out for lunch with a friend!
25. Buy yourself some flowers.
26. Sing in the car. REALLY LOUD!
27. Do a crossword puzzle.
29. Practice random acts of kindness.
30. Give yourself a facial.
31. Play like a kid. (Go carts anyone!?)
32. Host an adult only game night at your house.
33. Have some tea or wine.
34. Start a journal.
35. Clear your schedule. Cancel your plans for the day to rest.
36. Go on a date with someone you love!
37. Do a quick declutter of a space in your home that has been ignored.
38. Evaluate your relationships and make a plan to strengthen them.
39. Buy a coloring book and use it! (Or just borrow your kids’)
40. Turn off your cell phone for 30 minutes.
41. Have a bonfire (Or sit and watch a fireplace).
42. Ride a bike.
43. Visit a new town or city.
44. Stop multitasking.
45. Schedule at least 10 minutes of “me” time daily.
46. Enjoy time with a pet.
47. Get your hair done.
48. Sleep in.
49. Take an online class or course.
50. Take your vitamins.
51. Work with a life coach.
53. Forgive someone.
54. Simplify one of your household tasks.
55. Join a club or support group.
56. Dress up in that special outfit you’ve been saving.
57. Be a tourist in your own city.
59. Nature watch.
60. Lay on your back in the grass and watch the sky.
61. Make a craft.
62. Get your vehicle detailed professionally.
63. Look at pictures of yourself when you were a child or baby and reminisce.
64. Get a new “style” item- like a new haircut or a new shirt.
65. Snuggle under a warm blanket.
66. Go for a drive with no destination in mind.
67. Delegate some of your tasks to others.
68. Eat chocolate.
69. Write a love note to yourself.
70. Make a new friend.
71. Play in the dirt (aka gardening).
72. Hug someone.
73. Donate some of your excess items.
74. Learn a new skill.
75. Stop procrastinating!
76. Try a new recipe.
77. Watch some videos of puppies or kittens or equally cute things.
78. Say “No” to something you really don’t want to do anyway!
79. Take a personal day and use it just for yourself!
81. Go to a café, have a coffee, and people watch.
82. Do some deep breathing.
83. Envision your best self and take steps to become that person!
84. Take an extra-long shower.
85. Plan a fun event for yourself, your family, or your best friend!
86. Buy a magazine and read it in bed. At noon. In your PJ’s.
87. Take some quiet time to come up with a solution to a problem you’ve been having lately.
88. Eat a home cooked meal made by someone other than you!
89. Watch some home movies of yourself and your family.
90. Only show yourself the top 3 items on your to-do list at one time. Keep from getting overwhelmed!
91. Stop negative self-talk.
92. Go star gazing.
93. Ask for help.
94. Go with the flow on something you’d normally challenge.
95. Make a priority list and adjust your daily tasks accordingly.
96. Write an “I’m awesome-Look What I’ve Accomplished List” and pull it out when you’re feeling down.
97. Let go of your self-doubt. You’re a great Mom!
98. Create a mom only space in your home (and use it)!
99. Eat something healthy that will give you energy!
100. Be present in the moment.
101. Do absolutely nothing.
You always take care of everyone else. Don’t forget to take time for yourself!
Take care, Mom!
How you do practice self care as a busy mom? Comment Below!